SALMON, BELL PEPPER AND ALMOND BROWN RICE BALLS
Makes about 20 balls
1 Cup of Brown/ Red Rice (boiled with 2.5 cups water in rice cooker)
200g Salmon Fillet, steamed or poached for 5 minutes
1 Red or Green or Yellow Bell Pepper, diced (may use carrots instead)
30g Almond Flakes
- Cook rice in rice cooker.
- Steam salmon separately for 5 minutes.
- Dice bell pepper finely, about 0.5cm per pieces.
- Roughly chop up almond flakes.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- When the rice is cooked and cooled, add in the cooked salmon, diced bell peppers and bind it with one beaten egg.
- Roll them on your palms into balls about 3cm diameter.
- Coat them over the almond flakes and place them on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven, set at 180 degree celcius.
- Refrigerate for 3 - 4 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.