THE JOY OF HAVING PETS.
There are lots of benefits of having pets. They can ease your loneliness, reduce stress and encourage you to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Studies have also found that:
- Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression.
- People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations.
- Playing with a pet can calm you and make you more relax.
- Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
- Pet owners over the age 65 make 30% fewer visits to their doctors.
You will lead a healthier lifestyle because
Exercise more frequently
Studies have shown that dog owners are far more likely to meet their daily exercise requirements than non-owners.
Feel less lonely
Pets provide companionship which helps to ease loneliness. A lot of pet owners talk or share their problems with their pets. Caring for pets will also make you feel needed and wanted, especially when you are staying alone.
Meet new people
Pets can be a good ice-breaker for most pet owners. It is very often that pet owners will stop and talk to another pet owner about their pets or share tips on caring the for the pets with one another.
Providing sensory stress relief
Touching and cuddling your furry kids can definitely relieves you and makes you feel happier.
The companionship of dogs offers comfort and helps ease anxiety.
How Pets benefits older adults?
Pets play an important role in healthy ageing by:
How Pets benefit children?
Pets play an important role in healthy aging: